2011年9月23日星期五

It's gonna be a great helper!!

The blog I like is http://www.freetech4teachers.com/2011/09/we-video-collaborative-online-video.html.


The reason why I found it interesting is, in my oral English class, I always liked to show my students some videos from a sitcom or a movie. As you know the most basic and important part of oral English is the pronunciation and intonation, it is always a good way to let the students imitate the native speakers’ talk. Although there are so many videos we can use nowadays, it is difficult for the students to tell which part can both help them improve their spoken English and be related to their real life. As a result, I tried to find different videos about different aspects of life, shopping, eating in a restaurant, meeting new classmates, or going to a movie theater, and the students could imitate the pronunciation and intonation from the videos while they could also learn some native expressions from those shows.

However, my problem was I could not find a way to select certain part of the video and combine it with the other related ones together. It was a waste of time to show the whole video to the students, so the best way for this “visual aid” would be put all the related video clips together, and let the students get better understanding of that scene. That is why I am so excited to find this blog. I am going to try this software out. If I can learn to use it, it would be a great help for me to enrich my own class.

1 条评论:

  1. This sounds like a great video editing tool to use for selecting the most useful parts of videos for teaching.

    回复删除