2011年10月2日星期日

EVOnline2002--a new place for us to talk.

There are so many group networks that can help us with our language teaching field. Usually I only know some general ones such as Face book, Twitter, Sina Mini Blog, etc. This time, I got the chance to take a glance at some other group networks that may have closer connection with education. The one I’m interested in is EVOnline2002.

It’s a group network belongs to Yahoo. It allows ESL and EFL teachers and also students from different countries to communicate each other. They can exchange their opinions about different issues, also the good thing I found there is they could carry out some surveys in this place. If someone is doing certain kind of research, and she needs 30 people to finish a questionnaire, she could post an “announcement” to ask if there is anyone who would like to help her conduct this survey. If I’m interested, I will leave her a message under her announcement to let her know that she could count me in. I think it’s always good for us to have some place to do some professional discussion with people that from different background with us. We could always get benefits from other culture and other teaching system.

1 条评论:

  1. This particular group was started by a group called The Webheads and each spring they have fantastic, free, short on-line courses about teaching ESL/EFL. Be sure to Google EVO 2012 soon to see when the courses will be offered.

    回复删除