2011年11月6日星期日

An interesting way to teach language!

The link to my story is http://www.pimpampum.net/bookr/?id=31633.


This story is designed for younger English learner in elementary school or middle school.

The teaching objective of this class is teaching students to use past tense to narrate a story or a happend incident.

I wrote all of this story in past tense, and the students will need to observe the way I wrote the sentences and at the same time, they need to pay attention to the past tense of the verbs.

I will ask the students to distinguish the changed verbs, and then write down the original forms of those verbs. Also, they need to observe the rules about past tense, and I will also ask them to rewrite the story in present tense.

Teaching grammar in this way can draw the attention of the students effectively, and also can explain the grammar rules in a less boring way. Language starters will easily get tired of learning all the vocabulary and grammar rules because most of those knowledge are tedious. If we add digital storytelling as a visual aid, the students may be more interested in learning all those things.

2 条评论:

  1. That was a great story. I wonder why the last photo didn't show up for me.

    回复删除
  2. You should've asked the students to do the other way around, too! But, all in all, I like the story. I think the students didn't have a hard time answering as well for I can sense you're a good tutor. :)

    回复删除